- Perform job tasks to specific work instructions for final inspecting product.
- Final inspection of product using required gages or measuring equipment.
- Able to make logical decisions.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.; & work standing or walking for long periods of time, bending & squatting.
- Complete required daily paperwork. (i.e. checklist, inspection sheets, tagging)
- Reports production and line rejects in computer system.
- Move final inspected containers to specified location.
- Report any quality issues to immediate leadsman or supervisor.
- Comply with workshop production schedule.
- Meet established productivity goals.
- Comply with workshop safety practices and work instructions.
- Perform any necessary sorts.
- Reports any gaging or measuring equipment issues to supervisor.
- Reports any forge and machine issues to supervisor
- Keep work areas clean and safe.
- Promote continuous improvement.
- Stop production to correct quality problems as applicable
- Contribute to achieving Quality Objectives
- Report problems to immediate supervisor
- Must be a responsible person and have a cooperative attitude to assist management in the performance of his/her work.
- BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with all Company policies and rules of employment.
- Comply with Safety & Health policy and procedures.
- Comply with Quality Management System policy and procedures.
- Comply with Environmental Management System Policy and Procedures.
- Comply with Lean Manufacturing practices (5S, TPM, Small Group Activities).
- Basic Training Level for New Associates
Skill Level 1
- Employee starts out in the position learning the basic job responsibilities that they are placed in.
- Must understand the Quality Policy and Objectives.
- Communicates issues to supervisor.
- Employee will progress to Level 2 only when the supervisor feels that they can qualify in a Skill Level 2 role. If the employee does not demonstrate the necessary skills to be a Final Inspector-level 2, they will be returned to their existing position.
Skill Level 2 – Final Inspector has the following abilities:
- Outstanding in their all around ability.
- Understands their contribution to Safety & Quality objectives.
- Communicates well on any safety or quality issues.
- Can efficiently operate all gages & measuring equipment without supervision.
- Be able to final inspect 80% of the lines in the plant; and recognizes customer names and finished products.
- Has a very good understanding of dimensions being measured.
- Demonstrates above average effort at all times.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management & co workers
- Advanced understanding of quality systems.
- Must maintain a great attendance record.