- Perform job task to specific work instructions for operation that is being performed.
- Complete daily paperwork (i.e. inspection reports, checklists, timesheets, tagging)
- Comply with workshop production schedule.
- Meet established productivity goals.
- Comply with MFBI safety practices and work instructions.
- Be familiar with machines (i.e Fuji or Mori) for machining/turning purposes.
- Enter offsets.
- Perform quality checks.
- Use specialized fixture gages.
- Replace tool and inserts.
- Use standard measuring equipment.
- Must be a responsible person and have a cooperative attitude to assist management in the performance of his/her work.
- Keep work areas clean and safe.
- Promote continuous improvement.
- Stop production to correct quality problems as applicable
- Report problems to immediate supervisor
- Comply with Lean Manufacturing practices (5S, TPM, Small Group Activities).
- Demonstrates average mathematical aptitude
Skill Level 1
- Employee starts out in the position learning the basic job responsibilities that they are placed in. Employee will progress to Level 2 only when the supervisor feels that they can qualify in a Skill Level 2 role. If the employee does not demonstrate the necessary skills to be a Machine Operator they will be returned to their existing position. Employee needs basic understanding of quality systems. 0-1 year in position (based upon supervisors discretion)
Skill Level 2 – Operator has the following abilities:
- Can operate multiple machines. (CNC machines)
- Start up production on any given machine from a shutdown condition.
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Maintain quality and clearly understands customer requirements.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Basic understanding of quality systems.
- Must maintain a good attendance record.
- Ability to read and interpret process sheets
- Willingness to learn and continuously improve
- Clear understanding of basic metrology
- Basic knowledge of tool monitoring systems
- Basic knowledge of change over procedures
Skill Level 3 - Must be a skill level 2 operator and must possess the following qualities and abilities:
- Can demonstrate operating 80% of the equipment within the plant at an advanced level
- Can demonstrate leadership skills and assist or substitute as team leader in his or her cell.
- Has a very good understanding of machine coordinates and can demonstrate efficient operation
- Has a clear understanding of robot controls
- Demonstrates above average continuous improvement at all times.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management & co workers
- Advanced understanding of quality systems & customer requirements
- Maintain a great attendance record. (Below 3 points)
- Advanced understanding of tool monitoring systems
- Ability to use and accurately read advanced hand measuring equipment
- Ability to perform basic machine maintenance unsupervised
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of various tool geometries
- Advanced knowledge of change over procedures
- Basic understanding of engineering tolerances
- Knowledge of basic machining and mechanical principles
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to train other associates
- Demonstrates strong mathematical aptitude
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills