Itasca, IL 60143
Alternative Staffing takes pride in placing the RIGHT candidates into the RIGHT positions!
Our valued mail printing company in Itasca, IL is looking for a qualified Mail Inspector.
Interested mail inspector candidates will be performing the following duties:
- Inspecting the quality of mail pieces
- Monitor quality of mail from receipt through processing and presentation to USPS
- Check inbound mail to match bills of lading and inspect mail for quality, correct quantities, and documentation and ensure proper staging
- Separate standard and first-class mail during receiving process
- Select and verify job profiles for received mail
- Ensure job delivery deadlines match customer expectations and are communicated to production
- Perform mail verification checks and reporting and ensure the mail mix matches expectations
- Perform quality check for outbound mail to ensure the mail matches placards and the placards match tray tags and that mail is properly prepared for USPS processing
- Maintain mailing records
- Assist in receiving mail, working on sorting machines, and assisting other areas as needed
What hours will the mail inspector work?
- This is a mid-day position working 1 PM - 9 PM
- OT available based on business needs
- When OT is required, you will work until 1 AM
- This is a TEMP TO HIRE opportunity, our client is looking to hire employees with good work ethic and excellent attendance habits
How much does the mail inspector pay?
- Pay starts at $14/hr. but is based on skills and experience
- Get paid weekly
- Direct deposit available
Interested candidates should submit their information and one of our friendly managers will contact you promptly.
What type of skills and experience are needed to qualify for this position?
- Mail industry experience
- Previous lead or quality control experience within a printing/mail company
- Experience with using Microsoft programs such as Word, Outlook, Excel
- Ability to read and compare numbers
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs throughout your shift
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred - you will communicate with