West Chicago, IL
Alternative Staffing is a local staffing firm with over 20 years of experience in placing the right people into the right jobs!
Our food production partner in West Chicago, IL is looking for experienced maintenance mechanics to join their growing team!
We are looking for experience maintenance mechanics who have the following skills and experience: Obtains maintenance work orders from maintenance planner.
- Responds to maintenance machine repair calls when equipment is down
- Troubleshoots problems and repairs equipment as necessary (food production machines)
- Monitors equipment throughout production run to ensure operation is within process parameters
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and performs necessary repairs as necessary
- Performs daily housekeeping chores
- Rebuild equipment as needed
- Follow all GMPs
NOTE: Because this is a food production environment, all employees including maintenance mechanics must follow GMPs and dress code including wearing a smock, hairnet, beard net, no jewelry , no facial piercing, no fake nails or eyelashes
What hours will the maintenance mechanic work?
We have two shifts available including:
- 1st shift is 8 AM until 4:30 PM
2nd shift is 3 PM until 1:30 AM
How much does the maintenance position pay?
- Starting pay is $22-30 per hour , based on experience
- OT available (8-12 hours OT per week, on Saturdays)
- Get paid weekly
- Direct deposit available
Ready to discuss further? Submit your information and one of recruiters will contact you promptly.
Who qualifies for the maintenance mechanic position?
- Candidates with at least 2+ years of maintenance mechanic experience
- Candidates with experience reading blueprints and drawings
- Candidates who have experience repairing and building machine parts
- Food manufacturing background is a plus