The production lead will handle scheduling and oversee floor operations, monitoring the performance of production workers, verifying product quality, handling scheduling, and tracking key performance metrics (such as those related to quality and efficiency).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, train, and coach manufacturing staff to ensure requirements are met for production, fulfillment, and employee safety.
- Organize shift schedules; track and report daily metrics.
- Daily Production Labor Scheduling per required crew size to achieve OEE targets.
- Maintain strong interpersonal partnership with staffing agency with regards to their employees
- Work with staffing agency to ensure performance, training and quality is being attained by all temporary employees
- Ensures the quality is acceptable to customer satisfaction
- Train new and current Batch makers /Operators on proper machine settings, product formulations, evaluating product attributes, etc.
- Recognize out of spec product and take action by coaching/advising employees to resolve problem to minimize waste and downtime.
- Ensure raw materials are available for production. Tracks quantities used and lot numbers.
- Ensures operation of the equipment by calling for repairs and communicating with the Maintenance team.
- Act as department communicator during status meetings, management updates, and staff shift changes.
- Perform manufacturing processes to aid in fulfillment of production timeline and goals.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Report all production, staffing and building issues to supervisors