West Chicago, IL
Alternative Staffing, Inc. is a local staffing company with over 20 years of placing the right people into the right jobs.
Our valued food production partner in West Chicago, IL is looking to offer a DIRECT HIRE opportunity to an experienced Refrigeration Mechanic.
What will the Refrigeration Mechanic be responsible for?
- Perform preventive maintenance on the ammonia refrigeration system
- Diagnose and repair malfunctioning production and plant equipment
- Build machine modifications or system improvements as requested by management
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems and controls for the ammonia systems and throughout plant
- Assist production mechanics with maintenance on production equipment
- Perform plumbing installations and repairs as required
- Maintain water conditioning systems
- Maintain HVAC and other roof top utilities
- Maintain and support PSM programs within the facility to be in compliance with all government regulating agencies
What hours will the mechanic work?
- Monday - Friday from 5:45 AM until 3:30 PM
- Saturday work available due to business demands
- 40+ hours available weekly
How much will the mechanic earn?
- Starting pay is $30-33/hr.
- These are DIRECT HIRE opportunities
Ready to meet? Submit your information and one of our friendly managers will contact you promptly!
Who qualifies for the Refrigeration Mechanic position?
- Candidates with at least 3-5 years of hands on mechanic experience, specifically working with ammonia refrigeration system
- Candidates with a High School diploma
- Candidates with electrical and plumbing knowledge