Safety & Risk Manager
Cicero, IL 60804
Alternative Staffing, Inc. is a locally owned and operated staffing firm. We have been in business for over 20 years placing employees into light industrial jobs.
We are looking for a seasoned safety and risk manager to join our growing team.
Our safety and risk manager will be responsible for:
- Create and implement workplace health and safety plans and procedures
- Evaluate health and safety practice and procedures for risk assessment and following legal guidelines
- Conduct accident prevention training and health and safety training
- Inspect equipment for unsafe workplace conditions
- Monitor employee conformity to safety laws and policies
- Investigate accidents and incidents to find cause and take prevention measures for further incidents
- Handle worker's compensation claims in the event of a workplace accident
- Suggest solutions, improvements and prevention steps for safety issues
Who qualifies for the safety and risk management position?
- Candidates with at least 5 years of risk and safety management experience
- Certified in risk management and health/safety management
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety laws and guidelines
- Extensive attention to detail to distinguish safety hazards
- Ability to provide detailed reports and develop safety procedures
- Good understanding of data analysis and risk assessment
- Good organizational, leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to recognize when safety conditions need improvement
- Ability to prioritize tasks especially when handling an accident or incident
Why should you be a part of the ASI family?
- Competitive base salary ($65,000-$80,000 based on experience)
- 401K with employer match
- Major medical, dental , vision insurance
- Life insurance
- PTO / Holiday pay
- Continued learning and career development opportunities
Submit your resume and one of our directors will contact you to discuss further.